Beginners' Pottery Workshop
An introductory workshop for aspiring potters
Come and learn the joys of working with mud, alongside me in my beautiful new garden studio in Somerset.
'I want to be able to give everyone the attention they deserve, to actually be able to learn and absorb, ask questions and get answers. I want you to all have a go on the wheel - if you want to. I want you to come to my studio as students and leave as friends.'
What you'll learn
- I’ll talk you through the different types of ceramics.
- The various physical states of clay.
- I’ll be showing you multiple techniques for making pottery including hand building and wheel throwing.
- I will demo throwing on the wheel and you can all have a go on one of my two wheels if you want too.
- You will get to make your own little set of pots and matching spoons which I will glaze and fire for you. (Choose from one of three glaze colours). You can then either collect the pieces or I will post them to you a couple of weeks after at no extra charge.
This workshop is for you if...
- You have always wanted to try pottery but never had the opportunity.
- You learnt pottery at school or maybe tried it once before but maybe not for a long time.
If you already know the basics of pottery or have done a course previously maybe this workshop is not for you - as we might end up going over things you already know. I am unable to accept bookings for children under 18 at this time.
All workshops are 4 hours and held in my studio in Carlingcott, Somerset.
Includes all materials, firing and glazing of your work from a choice of three glazes. Plus tea and cake.
Once fired, I can post your work to you, at cost..
Early-bird offer! £69 - normal price £76
Saturday 22 September, 10:00 - 14:00 - SOLD OUT
Friday 28 September 10:00 - 14:00 - SOLD OUT
Saturday 20 October, 10:00 - 14:00
Thursday 25 October, 10:00 - 14:00 - SOLD OUT
You may also like....
Terms and CONDITIONS
I will of course talk you through health and safety considerations whilst you are attending my workshop but please be mindful of your own safety - I cannot be held responsible for any accidents. By attending one of my workshops you agree to these terms. I am unable to accept bookings for children under 18 at this time.
Cancellations: I am not able to refund any cancellations within 14 days of the workshop dates but I do understand things come up so in the sad circumstance that you are not able to come I will do my best to help you find someone to take your place.